Millennial dating advice that is also good advice for driving on California freeways: How to minimize the risk of anything at all out of the ordinary happening to your car (or your heart!) in the treacherous minefields of EMOTIONS and CALIFORNIA MOTORISTS.
- Wait as long as possible before merging to take advantage of all open space.
- Never schedule anything during regular hours, i.e. between 7am and 8pm.
- Do not signal; If others are aware of your intentions, it is a weakness that could be exploited.
- Pay close attention to the minute details of text-based signs. Punctuation can make a huge difference in meaning.
- It is generally acceptable (and even expected) to tell people you’re coming when you haven’t left yet.
- Keep a safe distance at all times to avoid destruction if things should suddenly come to a halt.
- Try to stay calm even when it appears that others are exhibiting a total disregard for your well-being.
- Work from the expectation that no one is going to let you in.
- Don’t let anyone in.
By Hannah Jones